Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Our Basic Pizza Dough


There’s a great controversy over where the recipe for the dough came from - I’m told my mom started making the pizzas in the family before my dad did but for some reason I can’t remember that. It doesn’t really matter for now my dad is a true Master Pizza Ninja. He can whip out a pizza blindfolded with one hand tied behind his back. This is the standard pizza at his house - oddly enough when I want a feel good pizza it’s what is made at my house too. I know hamburger isn’t an every day topping on pizza but it works in our house. My dad’s pizza is my all time favorite pizza on earth.


Pizza Dough Dad’s Style

1 Package yeast

2 Tablespoons olive oil

1 Teaspoon sugar

1 Teaspoon Salt

1 Cup 100 to 110 degree water

2.5 Cups flour

mix everything but the flour in a bowl and let sit for 5 min or so then whisk well with a fork - add in the flour and bring it all together. Turn out and knead for a few minutes then return to the bowl and let rest covered in a warm place for an hour. Spread out like you would any pizza dough and top... Once topped I bake mine in a preheated oven at 425 degrees f for 20-25 minutes or so.

We top ours with hamburger, red onion, green pepper, banana peppers, and mushrooms on half...

No comments:

Post a Comment